Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uploading a table into ACCESS database

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingElvis

Programmer
Jan 28, 2004
IL
Is it possible to upload a single ACCESS table that resides on my local computer, and insert it into an ACCESS file that resides on a Web server?

NOTE: I don't want to upload the entire ACCESS file (which is over 50 mb in size). I just want to upload a smaller table.

If this is possible, could someone point me to some code that will achieve this task.

Thanks

probabl have to export local, upload to server, then import from server

[thumbsup2]DreX
aKa - Robert

Or you could use a scripting tool that would create a .sql file...which would contain both the data and schema, and you could run it in a query analyzer (what I do with SQL Server).

I use MS SQL Server 2000 for my db. One of the features is a scripting tool that captures the schema of the table. Then, I use another scripting tool (ApexSQL) to capture the data.

Both create a text .sql file. I take both and run them in the SQL Server Query analyzer. Thus, the first file is created like an exact match in the db, and the second file fills it just with the original data.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back