Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upload

Status
Not open for further replies.

cshack

Technical User
Mar 20, 2001
GB
Hello,
One of the websites I currently control is based on football results being posted on the same day that they are played on (i'e' Sunday) of which I figure out and upload the correct pages with the latest results.
The problem I have is that everything is OK from my PC when uploaded and viewed but I've had complaints that the reuslts are not on the promised.

I've cleared out my cache etc. and asked the others to do the same, but nothing right away, the results can be seen by the same people a couple of days later though.

When I get to work the day after I can view the latest results myself (which are OK).

I'm not sure if there's a commant or line of html I can use to sort this out, but when I have a site which is based on the latest results being diplayed it sort of defeats the object!

I'm on NTL broadband using xp and Dreamweaver to ftp.

Many thanks in advance.

so what is the actual problem here?
u can't upload..?
if u upload your fileds they are there.[period]
perhpas you made a mistake on your relative/absolulte links...
all the best!

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

Stick some no cache code in the head of your page. You cannot rely on users to know how to clear their own cache.

I use this below in the head of my documents.
Code:
<%
Response.Expires = 60
Response.Expiresabsolute = Now() - 1
Response.AddHeader &quot;pragma&quot;,&quot;no-cache&quot;
Response.AddHeader &quot;cache-control&quot;,&quot;private&quot;
Response.CacheControl = &quot;no-cache&quot;
%>

Cheech

[Peace][Pipe]
If you don't stand up for something, you'll fall down. Toke it Easy.
Howard Marks.

Thanks for that Cheech, I'll give it a go - I'm sure this will help us out a lot.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back