Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

upload FTP or HTTP without limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

patweb

Programmer
Apr 17, 2003
BE
Goal : my clients need to be able to upload .xls files to my website along a form. Thes files can be small but also relatif big. From 1000 kB to 9000 kB (9MB) or more.

I used two script. First with HTTP. However he could opload big files. I even changed the php.ini.

Secondly my profider created an ftp server. But bad luck. He upload small .xls files. But for the bigger files it takes very long upload time en next the file was uploaded but empty (0 kB).

1. Can you upload files without "any" limit of size (HTTP or FTP) (some references to example scripts are welcome).

2. If this is possible what could be wrong ?

What settings in php.ini have you changed?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I never set a goal because u never know whats going to happen tommorow.

I also have problems in setting unlimit in uploading files using PHP..
but I'm using Linux with apache2, haven't php.ini files.. where can I change the configuration?

yep to what?

haven't php.ini files
Really? Search your system to find it. It might also be named as 'php.ini-dist' if you failed to set up PHP.

- - I hope this helps - -
[sub](Complain to someone else if it doesn't)[/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back