Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upload File To Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

awwman2323

Programmer
Sep 23, 2002
CA
I am working on a project that you are allowed to browse your hard-drive and upload any file you want into our Oracle database. I have no clue how to start this, aside from the input type is set to "file" in the HTML/JSP file.

Can anyone please explain to me if this is doable. Please show me how to do this or re-direct me to a page where I can find this information?

Thanks

I had an issue a while back whereby I had to process files uploaded via a web form using JSP. I have to make reference to the RFC1867 standard for uploading files via forms. I reckon you might need to make reference too.

In case you haven't found the answer to file uploads...

In the JSP, have the following tags set:

<form name=&quot;fileupload&quot; method=post action=&quot;yourservletname&quot; enctype=&quot;multipart/form-data&quot;>

and

<input type=&quot;file&quot; name=&quot;UploadFile&quot;>

Next - on the server side get the Oreilly code to handle multipart requests. You can find it here.

and then look at the MultipartParser object.

Look at JDBC.

JDBC is an API that provides Java programs access to relational databases. It allows you to write SQL to extract data from the database, insert data, or update data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back