Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upload file and then email attachment 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

giahan

Programmer
Sep 1, 2000
US
Hi all,

I have been trying a way to attach a file from client using ASP but I think there is no way of doing that except I have to upload it and then attach it. But how do I upload a file from a client to a server using ASP? Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you

GH

There are some ASP components for that.
go to yahoo and search for AspUpload, Persists ...
if you want a free ASP component, then go to Dundas.com.
However, I am stuck when the filename is changed to {38ur98289738q79084739807387}_filename.txt after uploading.

i have a way of doing it assuming you don't need the browse dialogue box - i just get the user to type in the file name.
after that they click a "notify" button.

this code moves a file from your drive to the NT server running the mail service:
sub attach()

ff = window.frm1.f_dllName.value
Dim fso
Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
fso.MoveFile "c:\" & ff &".dll", "\\NT_SERVER1\D_drive\testFolder\"

end sub

After this you need to use cdonts if you want to open a mail session. let me know if you need to know how to do this..

SweatLeaf, I have a Q, In the line below:
fso.MoveFile "c:\" & ff &".dll", "\\NT_SERVER1\D_drive\testFolder\"

I have a few Q's, what append a .dll extention? what if the ext of the file being uploaded is .GIF?

Second, can you clarify the path you provided for the NT server. What is:

"\\NT_SERVER1\D_drive\testFolder\"

how would i find "NT_SERVER1"'s name?
For "D_drive", do i put: "\\NT_SERVER1\D:\testFolder\" ??

after the file has moved to the server, how can i access the complete path so i can use it with cdonts?

Also, when u mean "move the file to the NT server" I assume you mean, move the file from the client pc to an external server on the web.

can you clarify for me? Anyone?
Just trying to solve my uploading problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back