Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

upload downloadable files to web page

Status
Not open for further replies.

emoneyeasy

Vendor
Jan 12, 2002
US
Hi,
I want to have a page on my site where people can download a Word file, I want like a little buttom saying "download" they click it and presto!, I've been searching all morning on how to do this but I haven't found anything.
Please help

Hi,

Place the worddocument in your local root folder.

On the page where you want the button, type download, select it and then in the properties inspector go to the "linkfield" and browse to yourfile.doc and click ok.
Upload everything and it should work.
It goes just the same as you would make a link to another page on your website.

regards, goaganesha

If you zip the file it forces the download rather than just opening the file in the browser window Live long and make your kids suffer..

Ja, no great mystery here..... you can use an icon or gif instead of "download" but actually it's very simple.
Dreamweaver properties box>link>browse> click on the file name and this will appear in your link textfield.
Allways make sure that your linked "word doc" is in your root directory and don't forget to load it up when uploading the rest of the pages.
The pop-up's prompting the user will appear automatically when somebody clicks on the download file. no Java needed!!!
Hope this helps.
Kissy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back