Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upload Custom Prompts VM Pro server 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

george74

Technical User
Oct 12, 2008
GR
According the docs all we should do is connect to Web App Server:7070 and Upload custom wav files to: VMProCustomPromts directory and then click "Apply Prompts"
This obviously doesn't work as the prompts .wav files transferred to a different directory: opt/ipoffice/VMProCustomPromts which is not accessible for playing through VMPro client
Any walkaround to this? Should the files be classic .wav or .opus format. Neither didn't work btw
App Server 11.1.2.2

When you "apply" the prompts, they are copied into the /opt/vmpro/Wavs/ directory and should be accessible.

My workflow is to upload the wavs to Custom Prompts, Apply them, then immediately delete them. That doesn't remove them from the /Wavs directory.

Had an incident where I uploaded and applied the wavs, but didn't delete them. Customer changed some locally via the Edit Playlist module. Later on, a colleague uploaded some more pre-recorded wavs, and he chose ALL files when he Applied them. This applied the previously uploaded wavs again, which overwrote the locally recorded files. Oops!

Tommy, have you try this on 11.1.2.2 ? I think this walk around doesn't work
"apply prompts" button didn't copy prerecorded wav files into the /opt/vmpro/Wavs/ directory and they aren't accessible on VMPro Client as it should. Copied and immediate delete also didn't work
They can only record new prompts via Telephony handset option

Universal plan 'B' - Cheat
log into the Server using SSH & change the permissions on the wavs directory so that you can write to it then upload the files directly

#cd /opt/vmpro/
#chmod 777 Wavs

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

ACSS

I have also a plan C
1. Open VMPro Client and connect to VM Server. From Import Export menu--> Export existing mdb to local Disk
2. Disconnect VM Pro Client from VM Server and while offline Import the mdb from local disk
3. Add prerecorded wav files to local disk C:/Program Files/Avaya/IP Office/Voicemail Pro/VM/WAVS and add them to configuration offline
4. Save and export the mdb with new Wavs localy (Offline)
5. Open and connect VMPro Client to VM Server. From Import Export menu IMPORT previous .mdb with new Wavs
6. Save and Make Live. All the new wavs are now available

Important note :
When you click "Apply prompts" you must _NOT_ be connected to VM Pro via VMPro Client.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back