Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upload Audios to Server Edittion R11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edu Marbe

IS-IT--Management
Apr 1, 2020
ES
Hi,
In the last version of the Server Edition (11.0.4.2.0) it does not allow me to enter as root for security, therefore I have no way to upload an Audio to the VMP.
Does anyone know how to upload audio for VMP in Server Edition 11.0.4.2?
Thank you.

Edit: I see they have revised the document in the link.

You need to run this command if you want to be able to achieve this;

sudo usermod -a -G wheel Administrator

You will need to reboot.

ACSS (SME)

What if you use an app like WinSCP and login with the Administrator account?

Administrator doesn't have the rights to upload to other than the /home/Administrator folder, AND they are still owned by Administrator, not vmpro

Use WinSCP to get the files to /home/Administrator, then use PuTTY, login as Administrator, then drop to root, chown the files to vmprp:vmpro, and move to the desired directories

All of this comes at a time when if you need to upgrade from 11.0.x to 11.1 you need to build a new server, backup and restore to the new one.

They aren't making it easy are they?

@derfloh - I think the reboot is required to re-add the quota groups - Credit: @Janni78

ACSS (SME)

try to use the SE's file manager: log in to the SE's web interface, choose applications/file manager, select the disk from folders, and upload the files to the VMProCustomPrompts folder with the + (upload)

You don't need to reboot the server if using the updated command from the Solution notes.
When you did it without the -a parameter it removed you from all other groups which messed things up and required a reboot, you still had the wrong setting tho which could cause issues.

When uploading files to the CustomPrompts folder with WinSCP you can assign groups and rights to files by right-clicking and selecting properties, that way you don't need to SSH in to "chown" the files.
For some reason you need to assign 666 so VM Pro Client don't complain when selecting them.

VMPro_FileAccess_sexwzv.jpg

On the File Manager in the web interface you need to know that when you upload files it will delete all existing files and upload the ones added through File Manager.
This means that if you uploaded files with SCP before, those will be gone.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back