Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading Windows 95 to XP Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monet1369

MIS
Sep 23, 2002
US
Hello Everyone,
We are considering upgrading our computers to Windows XP Pro. We have several operating systems (Win95-Win2K)I thought I read on Microsoft's website that you could not upgrade a computer running Win95 to Xp Pro. I was then told by a re-seller that you could and that XP only comes in upgrades if you are buying the licensing (which is what we are intending to do.)I also thought I read on Microsoft's website that if you are running Win95 and want to go to Xp Pro, you had to do a complete install, not the upgrade. I'm confused and want another opinion.

Thanks,

Amy

Also - upgrading win9x to XP is a bad idea for future stability - and have you looked at machine specs? Anything running 95 is likely to struggle with XP.

Why not upgrade your Win 95-98s to W2k it would be a lot easier as W2k has a lot of support for drivers of 95-98!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back