Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading to SS2005 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 10, 2005
AU
I know it's early days but I was wondering how many are planning or have kicked off an upgrade to SS2005? Any initial problems or learnings?

Thanks.

the Microsoft BI/DW community

We are in testing stages right now, it looks like we are getting a 15% improvement without doing any code changes
So far no problems yet

“I sense many useless updates in you... Useless updates lead to fragmentation... Fragmentation leads to downtime...Downtime leads to suffering..Fragmentation is the path to the darkside.. DBCC INDEXDEFRAG and DBCC DBREINDEX are the force...May the force be with you" --

We are planning on upgrading starting in Q1 of next year.

By the middle of Q2 of next year I'm planning on having a full Dev/QA/Prod enviroment setup and running.

If all goes well we'll be moving some smaller internal apps over to it Q1 of next year.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

Thanks for the updates guys. It's always a tough call as to when you do a major upgrade. I have incorporated your informal responses to my current upgrade assessment/recommendations.

the Microsoft BI/DW community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back