Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading to spectrum, need 2 more SIP trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattT1

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2023
US

Hi I’m working at a small shop and they are trying to get away from a local company and switch to spectrum enterprise. Enterprise has a min of 8 SIP trunk lines, but we currently only have adi licensing for 6. After hearing they don’t make adi licenses anymore I was told I should upgrade to R11 from R9.1 and migrate the adi licenses. I was quoted about $700 and I was wondering what my best course of action should be. Is it worth it to pay $700 for the newest release and 2 trunks or should I just pay for 8 trunks and only use 6. Thanks for your input!

Well that's really more of a question to the business. What do the 2 extra call paths in terms of revenue and customer satisfaction cost?

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

You are on an unsupported release currently, I would recommend upgrading to a supported release.

Easy peasy - you want a supported system, capacity aside.
Move to R11 and then reevalute the question.

Thank you for your replies! The owner of the shop wants to go through with upgrading everything and I was wondering if you all know of some good companies to buy from. I am currently going around getting quotes for upgrading to R11, the 6 SIP lines, and the 9 endpoint licenses along with 2 new SIP licenses. Again thank you for your input, I really appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back