Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading to R5, from 4.2. Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortigan

IS-IT--Management
May 22, 2009
US
Hey guys,

I'm going to be upgrading our IP 500 system from 4.2(17) to 5.0(15) in the next couple weeks. I've done a couple upgrades withing the 4.2 family but never to a new major release. I know the licensing model has changed a bit in this release and have some concerns as to whether or not I will need to make changes to the licenses after performing the upgrade. I obviously plan to take backups of my VMPro DB and system config before the upgrade.

I wanted to see if anyone has any advice or tips for performing this upgrade. Has anyone encountered anything in their experiences that might give me issues? Any advice or comments are appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

It is just a change of how the licensing is working
Get used to it and stop nagging :)

It is the same as when customers has to get used to a new pbx !

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

You think you are unhappy now.....wait until you see the changes in R6....I'll have the kleenex ready :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

:)
Andy, then the new licensing all becomes clear and logic
I like it to be honest

I understand the "nagging", i do not like changes too
But just deal with it, it will not change :)

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

I don't mind at all, I can follow it quite easily, I found the old way easy enough also. I am just prepairing people for the R6 changes...it's bound to confuse if they can't follow the licencing :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back