Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading to ERP 5.4 from 5.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim58

Technical User
Feb 1, 2004
CA
I've installed 5.4 SM, AR, AP, GL & LANPAK but when I try to access my 5.3 data I get the message "The Pervasive System Tables are out of date".
I'm using Pervasive SQL 8.7 and I did add the Pervasive.SQL FTFs per instructions.
I have no problem creating new databases. I just can't open my 5.3 data.
Please advise what I'm doing wrong.

This is the second time I've seen this. Try a Pervasive Rebuild on all the 5.3 tables, including the DDF's. If that doesn't work, you'll have to Dbdump from 5.3 and Dbload to 5.4.

Jay Converse
IT Director
Systemlink, Inc.

Thanks,I'll try the rebuild. I already did try the dbdump and got the same message with the System Database. The Company Database did dump OK.

When I saw this last week, the DDF's were at version 6! This client had some real old data that had never been rebuilt. I was helping another consultant in my office, and he had to reinstall 5.3 in order to do the Dbdump.

Make sure that before you Dbload, you rename the original folder, then select the company in Database setup. That will recreate the folder and the DDF's with the latest version.

Jay Converse
IT Director
Systemlink, Inc.

I did exactly as you suggested & it appears to have worked except in my Menu Tree I now have 2 of everything. 2 Admin. Services, 2 Common Services and so on. I did an Integrity check and everything passes, twice.
Any thoughts on how I can rid the duplicate stuff.

Sounds like you're using the same DSN for both your company and your system databases, they have to be separate.

Jay Converse
IT Director
Systemlink, Inc.

No, my System Database name is "BLACKS" and the Company name is "BLACKC".
I'm wondering if I should uninstall/remove 5.3

Well, my suggestion was based on experience when MSSQL people would do that all the time. Now that Pervasive uses the same DSN model, I figured it might have happened.

The next thing to look at is your CSAPP tables. There may be duplicate entries in them.

Jay Converse
IT Director
Systemlink, Inc.

Solved. Thank you so much.
When you mentioned Pervasive using the same DSN model as MSSQL I realized what was going on. Previously we assigned our data folders in ACCPAC's Database Setup.
Thanks again for putting me on the right track.

So you had the company data and system data in the same folder?

In 5.3, no. I had separate folders. But after DBDUMPING in 5.3, I created new databases with Pervasive, not realizing that is where I should specify the folders. Then after doing ACCPAC Database Setup, the System & COmpany Data wound up in the same (default) folder. After DBLOADING in 5.4, ACCPAC asked for Starting Fiscal year, just as it would for a brand new company and I wound up with duplicate info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back