Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading to BrightStor 9 (Netware 5.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mja101275

MIS
Feb 5, 2003
US
We are in the process of planning an upgrade to BrightStor ARCServe 9 from ARCServeIT 6.6 (Netware 5.1 sp 5). Just wondering if anyone out there has any advice on upgrading, or problems that we could encounter. We will be installing the SAN, Tape Library and Open File options, as well as the client agent for Netware.

Also, we have encountered a strange problem...during the week, we get an error saying that the door to our Dell tape library was opened. We jokingly refer the having a ghost in the server farm named Leon. The error happens after the backup has completed, and only happens during the week, not on the weekend. Has anyone out there experienced anything similar to this?

Thanks!

I have installed it on two active 5.1 servers. The only problem I encountered was starting arcserve right after installation. It locked both consoles and abended in PFC. After the server was rebooted, arcserve started without any problems. I'm guessing if you reboot first, there won't be any problems. I did not do an upgrade. I just deleted the old version and installed the new one from scratch.
Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back