Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading to 4.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

pct3ch

MIS
Feb 3, 2003
US
We're thinking about upgrading to NB 4.5 from 3.4. Is it very difficult? Anyone have information, experiences or tips to share?

Thanks!

I would also like to see some feedback on this issue.

I have Netbackup DC 3.4.1 on a WinNT server that I want to upgrade to Win2K server and Netbackup DC 4.5. Can it be as simple as taking the following steps...??

- verifying a good Netbackup catalog on tape.
- I would like to install rather than upgrade to Win2K server. This blows away the server for a fresh start.
- install Netbackup 4.5.
- restore the catalog.
- update all clients to 4.5.

These steps seem logical to me, but am I missing something? Catalog format differences between 3.4.1 to 4.5 perhaps?

Thanx

When you install Netbackup 4.5 fresh, it will install a relational database instead of using the old flat file database as with NBU 3.4. I would setup a test environment prior to doing this.

there is a database conversion utility that you can run to convert your old catalog/db files to the new binary format. also i would install MP3 (maintenance pack 3) for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back