Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading to 4.1 (AMC licensing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonmyk

Technical User
Oct 13, 2010
US
I am upgrading all my customers finally to 4.1 after some arm twisting had to get a couple to buy the 512K RAM. What do I need to do in AMC to get the new licensing that is required? I am sure there's a bulletin I missed.

"The only problem with common sense is that it's not that common

Must have software assurance active in associated application record of AMC, if so then good to go, if not not customer has to purchase. Also depends on machine type, can't remeber which of the earlier chassis' can't go to MCD 4.1 (some one else will know and doubt mention).

Next concern, what revision are you currently running? if below MCD 4.0 then upgrade is a 2 step process (I assuming your running something like of V7/8 or 9). Upgrade or full install to MCD 4.0 first then convert to SDS if your not running ENT/OPS manager. Then upgrade again to MCD 4.1

Oh... and naturally add extra ram to machine before you start.

Thanks Jakt99,

They all have SWA. I thought I read something else about re-licensing, maybe I mis-read. All are operating on 4.0 SP2 and have the SDS done.

when you upgrade to 4.1 the AMC will convert the licenses to either standard or enterprise based on the systems licenses. This happens automatically.

There is no 'I' in 'Team'

There was a thought at one time that the AMC would need to manually convert any licensing because of the new "stand alone" versus "Enterprise" model for licenses. That has pretty much gone the way of the dodo with a few exceptions from what I remember.

The single biggest problem with communications is the illusion that it has taken place.

LoopyLou,

Thanks, that was what I remember reading about. Loks Like I am good to go then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back