Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

upgrading the Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffy101

Vendor
Dec 24, 2007
US
has anyone out there, upgraded a Partner from the patches off of Avaya's website. I have purchased the flashtool from smartmodular along with a linear flash card. how ever the Partner does no see the card???? is there something I'm missing

I have used the R6 and the R7 and both work fine, make sure you are using the flashtool correctly and the R7 needs a 8MB card while the R6 can use a smaller card, when you do a comparison with the flashtools does it see the correct file? I had problems getting the flashtools to work but then when I actually did an auto detect of the PCMCIA card and had the software pick the settings it worked fine, erase the card then check that it is empty then load the firmware on and make a comparison check.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Did you download the file to you desk top first or right to the E drive?

I put them on the PC first, I have a folder with all kinds of bin files for Partners and Magix/Legends

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

ok thanks I have been trying to get this done for some time with no luck I'm using the flashtool 2000 with an 8 MB flash card it verifies the file but the partner dosen't see the card and doesn't upgrade. I must be missing something?

Sorry for the really obvious questions, but are you inserting the card into the ACS with the power on or off? Are you using slot 1 or slot 2 on the ACS?

I've only used the "factory" upgrade cards and never made one but I'm pretty sure they would work the same at this point.

I power down insert the card (I have tried both Slots ) and nothing I got tyhe cards from Smartmodular and i get nothing but I haven't tried a "factory" card I'll dig one up and try thanks

so here is the update on how I got this to work. I got an old laptop and loaded windows 2000 onit then using the flashtools 2000 i was able to download the .bin file and load to the flash card works great

thanks for the update on this, it is good to know that at least the old laptops do the PCMCIA right.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

yes the old laps do the PCMIA cards. and the nice thing is the card keeps the patch so you can use it over and over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back