Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading the firmware on 2410 phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phonemax

Vendor
Sep 24, 2009
US
Hi

I have a customer with a Definity Prologix R012i.

All of the 2410 phones on the system have a status that show....
Parameter Download: pending.

I was thinking that the firmware of the 2410 phones would ned to be upgraded to correct this. I was abel to successfully upload firmware 2410_R2 to the system but I am not able to initiate the download to the phones. If I try to use the feature codes it simply does gives a re-order tone and the traces show that the phone type query fails. If I attempt to push it via commands, I can not change the phone type from 2420 to 2410 on the form and therefore can not run it that way.

Has anyone else run into this. Am I completely off base in thinking that the firmware need an upgrade? If the phones do in fact need an upgrade, is there a way to initiate the download to the phones on this system or would I need to slowly upgrade them using a Communication Manager system in my lab?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks

You're going to need to upgrade those on a newer switch, I'm afraid. R12 didn't have 2410 natively supported. Also, the current release for 2410/2420 firmware would be R5 or R6

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

Thanks for the clarification. I choose R2 because the read me files for R4 and R5 made it seem as if those particular firmware versions would be best suited for use on later releases of CM. Do you know if firmware R5 would be compatible with the R12 PBX?

You can check the "read me" for the R5/R6, but most likely it will work, most things are "backwards compatible". not every new feature of the R5/R6 will work with the old switch of course, but very likely the basic functionality of the phones will be fine.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

Mitch, Thanks much for your input. I will read through them again and maybe run some testing before rolling it out.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back