Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

upgrading SX-200 v2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilntruong

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2003
US
Hi all,

I have a Mitel system with firmware SX-200 ICP v2.2 installed. I need to upgrade to latest version 4.x. Could anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can get the new software and instructions on installing it?

Thanks in advance.

You will need to contact your Mitel authorizedPARTNER (VAR), where you purchased the system.

Aren't the firmware upgrade free to download?

Things have, and are changing. Free software is (has) gone south. It more like Cisco's approch where you pay for Software Assurance. You will need to speak with your authorizedPARTNER.

Things are changing but A rel 2.2 system would be grandfathered until some reasonable time in the future. I've heard 2010 as a date when all systems will require active mainenance agreements to obtain software.

Regardless, upgrading a system can be very simple when things go well. Trained technicians provide a safety net for those times when things do not go well.

Software is free, labour is not.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

2010 is too far away, you will probably see it before the year is out. It has already started for the 3300 ICP as per the noticed provided by TSN to authorizedPARTNERs just after Christmas.

None of my systems that were sold prior to 2007 prior to 2007 will expire before 2010. A couple of them won't expire before 2030. The status can be reported/exported by the administrator of the AMC accounts.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Thank you all for all your help. You guys are the best!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back