Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading sopho s255 pr 205 to is 303 pr 810

Status
Not open for further replies.

akeko

Technical User
Jun 22, 2010
NG
Hi all

We bought the following parts as spare for some is3030s on our network: CPU3000, VIC3000, 16MB Flash simm, 32mb DRAM, PMC-G and NCC-MC. We also have smpc.

We want to use the above parts to upgrdae a s255 pr205 to is3030 pr810. The s255 had 2 ALC-E, 2 ATU-E&M and 1 ATU-SS.

a) Will the parts we have be sufficient to do the upgrade or we need additional hardware?
2) Do we need to buy the ssw810 software seperately or its already loaded into the spare CPS3000?
3)what other software, license and firmware do we require?

REQUEST
3) Can someone kindly give me a step-bystep on how to do the upgrdae.
4) can someone give me the upgrdae manual (pdf) for s255 to is30303?

Thanks for yoru help.

Akeko.

Hi Akeko,
the hardware is ok.
Because it is a spare CPU, I think it is without 810-package.
Also there is no Licencefile for this CPU.?
Maybe the PMC has a package.

The software 810 is without payment available also the flashpackages for boards. With any new system comes a CD with all needed files.

The best way to upgrade is, read out the 205 system.
Load the CPU3000 with any PE/LL from an other iS3030 and make the configuration manually ( it is a little System only with few hardware ).

If you have many expirience you can edit the PE offline.

If you have no system to try it, plug the CPU3000 in any slot of any system, it will work to programm it.

I hope that will do for the 1. step.

Look for a Licence for this CPU, e.g. files lic12153.lic and lic12153.ltx ( you can read this file ). In this file is the CPU-ID ( Fingerprint ), e.g.aa0024IC960002104005xxx00719AA.

Best wishes to you

Werner

Hi Werner.

Thanks for your assistance.

a) I think the spare CPU3000 has no software 810. Will it has license files? if yes, where do we look for the spare CPU licence files?

b) We need to retrive the fingerprints of the CPU3000. However the S250 is in a remote location. If we replace a working iS3030 CPU (in our office) with this spare can we retrive the fingerprint by (RTFING) or do we need to load the SW810 first?

c) Can we also plug the CPU to an empty slot of working iS3030 to retrive the fingerpriny? We it not affect the iS3030 when we have 2 CPU3000 boards on it?

Thanks

Akeko

Hi Akeko,
if you have a spare pack, there is never license, because you must change the License from old demaged CPU to the new by your dealer from Philips.
The related Id is on the lable of the board.

You can plug in the CPU ( or more )to any running system, because she only needs the voltage. Only on CPU-Slot is the bus to the System!
If you have no Package on the CPU, you can no "speak" to her, without MML.

I think you have 72 houres, the CPU will run without license.

Good luck to you!
Werner

Hi Werner.

Thsnks.

Akeko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back