Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading Server Edition 8.1(43) to R9.1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneMan777

Programmer
Aug 1, 2010
US
Hey guys, I need to upgrade an original server edition running at the original R8.1 GA software. The documentation appears to indicate I can do an upgrade all the way from the old 8.1 version straight to R9.1.3 if I am looking at it correctly. I assume the IP500V2 units would need to be stepped up to R9 or a newer version of 8.1 first? Would you guys recommend upgrading the server edition to a newer version or 8.1 or 9 before trying to go up to R9.1.3? I saw some posts on here that there can be issues upgrading so I am wondering would it be safe to try an upgrade or should I just plan to do a clean wipe and reload and then pray that my configs will go back on the new R9.1 server edition fine? I have upgraded newer version without issues but I haven't had to upgrade 8.1 to 9.1 yet.

I would avoid R9.1 all together and move to R9 if there isn't anything you have to have from R9.1. We have seen nothing but issues lately with this release.

Thanks jhengel. My main issues are hunt groups not failing over, user rights not failing over, time stamp is off in one-x call log, and when voicemail fails over, it does play any of the AA prompts. It just goes to a generic voicemail prompt.
Do any of you guys know if most of these things are addressed in the latest R8.1 SP11? If I can fix most of my issues in 8.1 then I will not need to go up to 9.1 for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back