Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading SBS 4.5 to 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

keven

IS-IT--Management
Oct 17, 2002
US
Do i have to install and configure Active Directory before i install SBS 2000 on my Windows 2000 Server? Or can I install Active Directory later?

Okay.. Looks like I might have bigger problems here! I installed Windows 2000 Server, then inststalled SP3. When i try to install SBS 2000 on this server I get the error message " This version cannot upgrade the installed version of Microsoft Small Business Server" Is it because of SP3 is installed? Im clueless!

Hi,

SBS 2000 includes W2K server - you don't need W2K first.

Put the SBS CD1 into the CD, boot off it, and do a disk format / fresh install.

David

I found a MS Resolution for this problem:

RESOLUTION

To resolve this issue:
Quit Setup.
Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
Click the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Small Business
On the Registry menu, click Save key. Type a name for this file, and then click Save to make a backup of the key.
Delete the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Small Business
Restart the SBS 2000 Integrated Setup. Follow the instructions in the wizard, entering values as appropriate. When you reach the Component Selection screen, verify that SBS has its action set to Install. Follow the instructions to complete the wizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back