Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading rls 4 to 4.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

lliesbthighs

Vendor
Jun 29, 2008
Hi it is 11c release 4.00 with sig. server(4.00.) and Voice media gateway installed.
Now i am going to upgrade 11c release 4 to 4.5. Do i also have to upgrade signalling server and voice media gateway software version????
Please help which software release of SS and VGMC should be installed if i am going to upgrade release 4 to 4.5

Regards,

Yes you have to upgrade SS and VGMC also.

I think the SS Software is called 4.50.88 and you will get a CD with this in the Upgrade Kit. If you do a upgrade on the SS the system will prompt you to backup your customer data to a floppy disk and you are able to convert it to the new release after upgrading the SS Software.

After you have upgraded the PBX and the SS you can upgrade the VGMC`s using Element Manager.

Best regards from Switzerland,
Mike

I downloaded the SS software and burnt it on SS. I also downloaded VGMC software from Nortel now i have 2 question

(1)Does PBX releas 4.5 works ok with SS release 4.50.88??
(2)Do i have to reboot SS from that CD and installed new
software?
(3) Does SS automatically update VGMC card after this? or do i
have to copy VGMC downloded software onto VGMC flash disk
and after booting with this flash software i dont need to
update VGMC?
(4) Can somebody point what releasse of SS and VGMC must be
installed with PBX Release 4.5

Regards

4.50.88 is the latest version of SS software for 4.5

Questions: 1- Yes SS 4.50.88 is the latest will work with 4.5
2- yes.. you have to reboot SS with new CD in the cd-rom drive to get to install/upgrade
3- No, SS does not automatice upgarde VGMC you have to do it. Read the VGMC documentation it will tell you how to do it.
4- SS 4.50.88 SMC(VGMC)3.10.81

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back