Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading Rel 9 to Rel 11 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilinkcomm

Vendor
Oct 19, 2005
US
I'm looking to see if someone can point me in the right direction. One of our customers had maxed out their IP Endpoint licenses and needed to add 3 IP licenses. Since their system is running on Rel 9.1.5, we needed to upgrade to Rel 11 in order to get the additional licenses. This is new to me so just want to make sure I have everything in place before I go ahead with the upgrade.

I already saved a copy of the config file and also ran the LICENSE MIGRATION to get the XML file and sent them both off to get the upgrade info.
I received back an ACTIVATION NOTIFICATION listing the licenses and their activation codes.
I also received a new XML file.
I already have IPO Manager Rel 11.0.4 running on my laptop.

The questions I have are:
Do I upgrade their system by format/recreate the SD card or is there a different procedure since we actually had to purchase the upgrade?
How do I get the newer XML to the system? The ACTIVATION NOTIFICATION document mention using WebLM which is something I haven't come across before.

I'm sorry if this is something so basic that I should already know if but we haven't been working with these systems as much as I would like and for the few and far between times I do work on them, it's always like a new learning experience.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Use Manager R11 and run the Upgrade Wizard. Be sure that your SD card is 8GB and has room on it. After the upgrade is finished, load the configuration in Manager, right click on licenses, and upload PLDS file.

Alternatively, take your .xml file and rename it PLDSKeys.xml and upload it to the SD card's Primary folder, using Embedded File Management. When the upgrade finishes, it will have its licenses. Once you confirm that the PLDS licenses are good, don't forget to delete the ADI licenses

TouchToneTommy Thanks for the help. I ended up running the Upgrade Wizard to perform the upgrade and then uploaded the PLDS file. It worked perfectly....well, almost perfectly. Your tips worked perfectly but I guess for some reason a bin file for my lonely 1416 set didn't get installed on the SD card during the upgrade. I found out the next day that their only digital set wasn't working and displaying "Upgrade: File access error" After some researching I found that the file was missing from the SD Card. I manually copied it to the SD card and all was well again.

I was definitely over thinking what was going to be required for the upgrade.

Thanks again[thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back