Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading from SI 7.5 to CE 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris777

MIS
Jan 3, 2002
US
Since SI 7.5 will reach end of life this year, I need to plan for my company to upgrade to CE 9. I am looking for white papers or any resource on what the implications and requirements are.

If anyone has done this and has some of their documentation that could be shared that would be wonderful. If you have done this upgrade and would be willing to spend about a half hour on the phone with me, that would be wonderful too. Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Thanks. Chris
DFW Crystal User Group

The migration of users and objects is done via the Crystal Import Wizard in CE9. Take a look at the following links to the Crystal kb re: migrating from SI to CE. Upgrading to CE is not a clean process, so you have to look carefully at the SI features you are using compare them to the features of CE.

Crystal Import Wizard:

Record Group Selection:

PDF Instances:

Report / Folder Security:

Parameters:

Import all instances:

There is not much out re: upgrading from SI to CE9. The above docs reference upgrading to CE8x, but the theories are applicable to CE9.

If you would like to sit down and discuss the situation further, I will be available Thurs and Fri morning of next week and the following week.

I actually live in Dallas, so this might work for you. Drop me an email to confirm.

Rod Oatis
Venturi Technology Partners
Crystal Decisions Certified
Trainer/Consultant/Developer
Rod_Oatis@hotmail.com

We are in the middle of a SI75 to CE85 migration, and for the most part is works well. The only major problems I had are the facts that the recurring reports do not migrate, so you have to manually reschedule anything that was scheduled to run automatically. Also the security is basically wiped, it keeps users and groups, though. It also Migrates the folder sctructure you had in place with SI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back