Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading from BCM 1000 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

WilliamVR4

Technical User
May 17, 2013
US
Our company is considering to upgrade our phone system, currently looking into ESI or possibly Panasonic TDA50.

Is there any reputable Houston vendor you guys would recommend?

We only have 24 phones in our office, and are primarily looking for a system that can place callers on queue which i am sure most new systems do.

Contacted Enterprise systems about the avaya but their sales team is sorta slow, havent gotten a call back since monday when i requested to speak with one. Met with a mitel rep today who seemed to discourage us from ESI said it possibly wasnt enough for a practice our size? 21 phones does not seem like much to me.

And as phoneguy suggested we will just replace all phones it seems regardless of system we went with although the avaya 7000 series phones look to be identical to the ones we have currently, .

I seriously suggest you check out the UCx, you won't be disappointed. IP office is very reputable as well, but I prefer UCx. With both systems you can use the Nortel or Avaya 7000 phones. In fact the Avaya 7000 phones you mention are identical and will work on the UCx as well as IP office obviously.

The advantage of UCx? You can choose between many different phones.....Snom, polycom, Nortel, Cisco etc.

The Emetrotel website has all of their contact information. I know a distributor named Active Telephone and Data from Mt. Prospect, IL ask for Marty or Bob Hall, they are Norstar veterans and Callisto communications in St. Louis sells the ucx product. Try them out at least.

"Keep the Peace, Use RLS"

You can also use all those devices (snow, cisco,polycom) on the ip office.

Phones that only work on the ip office that you can't make work with any other platform:
14/16xx series
54/56xx series
95/96xx series

Check out the 1416 (very inexpensive) so is the 9508 and they look great

Ip check out the 9611 and 9670

ddcommllc.com
Avaya/Toshiba/SyntelSolutions

ACIS

"Will work for stars

Plus there is the whole finding a local vendor to support it thing... Something that is never a problem with avaya systems

ddcommllc.com

ACIS

"Will work for stars

Joe seriously lol

ddcommllc.com

ACIS

"Will work for stars

I did give E-metrotel i call sometime 2 weeks ago, forgot to post here regarding out conversation.

They dont have a facility in Houston, would send someone in their network to handle the installation.

I personally do not want to have to deal with that sorta deal where one person is in essence the middle man, vendor/installer not being the same company. I believe it is important to have the company locally just for piece of mind knowing that if something goes wrong i dont have to call emetrotel then have then give whoever a call then have them send god knows what tech to fix the issue. Way to many steps that route.

They're still new, part of the growing pains. They are a new product for us, but we like what we have installed so far. We are the SW MO. area, but Huston would be a bit expensive for someone that far away.

Avaya/Nortel/NEC/Asterisk/Access Control/CCTV/DSX/Acti/UCx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back