Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading from Access 2013 - whats the best option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moss100

Technical User
Aug 10, 2004
GB
As title, we run a small company on Office 2013 (Access, Outlook and Word mainly)

As support has gone, I would apprciate thoughts on whether to upgrade to 2019, 2021 or wait for the next release?

We do not want office 365 at this point.

Many thanks Mark

Ultimately this comes down to what is deprecated in each version and whether or not you use a deprecated feature. Generally Access is very backward compatible even if it is behavior that is broken... It tends to do the same things wrong and little is fixed.

From that POV, I would go with the latest version you do not have a compelling reason not to jump to.

That said I would read the what's new article for each version of Access since 2013 and if it does not mention what is removed, search for that. I personally was not bit in moving to office 365 aside from the fact they keep 'improving' it / moving things around on me. Ususally features are near the old place but I am a creature of habit and easily annoyed by such things. For context I'm still mad about the loss of toolbars with the introduction of the Ribbon. Some may find my view petty.

Thank you for your input. There seems to be little difference between 2019 and 2021 from what I can see. Unless others have a view, I suppose 2021 is worth going for as you would think it would be more debugged??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back