Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading from 7.05 to 7.XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

bixtool

Programmer
Mar 4, 2009
US
When upgrading from 7.05 to 7.12 it took about two hours for the upgrade to complete. We are upgrading the way we always have, clicking upgrade etc and letting it go through the process. Is there a faster way to do this with the SD cards now that we are missing? We have a handful of 24 hour operations that can't be down for that long while we fiddle with an upgrade. What are some of the tricks to the trade?

Well the good news is, the system isn't down the entire time its transferring files. There is another procedure I found about today:

"For the upgrade, get the card out (ONLY FOR IP500V2), put it in your PC if you have an SD slot. Then "Recreate IP Office SD Card" File | Advanced | Recreate IP Office SD Card.
Select A-law or U-law (Look in the Manager help, search for Recreate) when you browse the card and hit OK wait and be VERY patient!!!
It looks like the Manager tool stop responding but it will go on, when tis finnishished. put the SD back in the IPO and reboot it. Then your ready in about 30 minutes."

I haven't tried this procedure yet since I don't have a card reader, but if you do give it a shot!

I have to give Bas1234 credit for that quote...thanks Bas!

I just did an upgrade this way without any issues. It seems to work great. Yes, of course you need a card reader. The book says 15 mins, but it was more like 40 minutes for the thing to complete. I tried do the upgrade right through manager to the system, but I didnt have the right password. If anyone can send me the correct passwords I would appreciate it.

Another way is to edit the IPOAlaw or IPOUlaw text file in the folder C:\Program Files\Avaya\IP Office\Manager\MemoryCards.

There are all files mentioned that will be copied to the card.
Remove all the embedded voicemail languages that you will never use.
I personally leave the folders in but delete all the files for those countries.

This will speed it up when you recreate the card in your laptop.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Thanks for the help, we will try these processes. Are there any plans to speed up the process in 8.? Maybe I am just being impatient like our customers, they want it all done yesterday, guess it's the times we live in.

Yes there will be something.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back