Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

upgrading from 2.2 to 4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

duster123

Technical User
Jun 21, 2006
GB
Anyone has the instructions or documentation on how to upgrade from 2.2 to 4.1. I want do a cut over not a clean install. what is the best pratice? My bes is running on a domino server right now. THanks

I'm not sure that you can make that big of a jump. Search blackberryforums.com, you'll find the answer.

I know this is a rather old thread, but I thought I would reply anyway.

When we upgraded from 2.x to 4.0 on Domino/Lotus the way I did it was:
1. Purchase a temp. 90 SRP lic. from RIM for a nominal fee of approx. $900(usd)

2. Build a second BES with the new SRP. Configure and get it running and communicating with email systems and RIM.
Tested the below steps with my handheld first.

3. Took a groups of people and performed a wipe of their current handheld data. Performed a wireless Enterprise Activation and just like that they were on the new server with all their old data.

A few gotchas;
Upgrade all BB users to roamers.Make sure your BB users synch their PIM data first and that their names.nsf has all their contacts. Memo pad does not carry over.

Also, As you add new users to the new server, be sure to delete them off the old BES. If you don't they will get a Security error on their handhelds, because the old bes is still trying to communicate with the BB's PIN

There is a way to import your bblackberry profiles over to your new server, but i elected to skip that step. It was easier to do it this way.

Hope this helps you if you have not already performed your upgrade.
Good Luck
Nate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back