Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading from 10 to 11.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

rval80

Technical User
Sep 23, 2009
US
I'm having an issue upgrading a system from 10 to 11. I've installed the new version of manager, but when I got to upgrade, it's not showing the 11.0 option. I have the upgrade license, but all it's showing me is I'm on 10 and don't need to upgrade. Any suggestions?

Where did you get the Manager. If its from the Admin Lite installation package then it doesn't include the files for upgrades and so will grey out the upgrade.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I downloaded the full version off of the avaya support site

It's weird, because it's not even showing an upgrade to 11 is even available.

Go to Help and About and just verify it loaded the R11 software properly.

What are your working directory and .bin directory set too? Maybe that is not pointing to the correct files. Even if you run R11 manager you could still point at R9 .bin files and upgrade/downgrade to R9. The version of manager isn't relevant in this situation the directories are what tell the system what to use to upgrade.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back