Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading firmware on Smart Array 431 running on ProLiant 1850R

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasba

Technical User
Mar 10, 2007
NO
Hi all.

I've got a COMPAQ ProLiant 1850R server which I'm currently doing some maintenance on. It has a Smart Array 431 Controller that I've been planning to upgrade.

Now, if I've understood hp.com correctly, I'm not able to run the new SmartStart 7.70 CD on it. How should I proceed if I want to upgrade the firmware on this Smart Array 431 Controller card? The firmware revision for it now is 1.02 (which I believe to be pretty much out of date).

On the 5.50 SmartStart CD I have, I can't find locate/find the ROM Update Utility which it seems I need to run the upgrade located on
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

The 1850R uses SmartStart v5.5 and is not compatible with the newer versions.

Look at the link below which will give you the latest firmware for the 431 controller (under Firmware - Storage Controller) - it should be pretty straight forward to do, just follow the instructions when you unpack the EXE file:

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"
--------------------------------------

Does this mean that I would have to install Windows 2000 before being able to upgrade the firmware?

This has been resolved. I installed Windows 2000 and upgraded with the link provided by TheLad. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back