Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

upgrading CallPilot 201I rls2 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

trclubb

Vendor
Mar 20, 2009
US
customer wants to upgrade both software and ports. now with 24 ports wants to go to the 40. they do have 2 mpc-8 slots open

Can you please elaborate? Is that a statement or a question?

Also, note there is a forum1553

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

i appologie , they now have CallPilot Rls.2.01 and want to upgrade to rls 5. at one time nortel did not have a migration path for rls2. ( had to totaly reprogram ) and they will also need to mack sure about the PEPS.
on the ports , they now have 24 ports and want to incress it to the max ( 40 )

What is your question?

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

i am looking to see if there is a upgrade path for rls2 to rls 5 or will i need to plan to reprograme the system.
on the port item what would be the steps to upgrade the ports.

and what would be the apprx. time on both

appreciate the help

Yes, there is a upgrade path for 2.0 to 5.0 and on the ports, buy more voice channels plan on about 1-14 hours down time and alot of pre-works.

I meant 10-14 hours. BTW, run the CP 5.0 Upgrade Wizard sofware from Nortel. You will see what I mean.

I've done the upgrade one week before.
Can you specify the upgrade ? If your actual release is 2.0.1.27 SU4 this should be done via a specific procedure that has to take maybe 4 hours of down time.
I don't have on my system voice prompts or something similar and i take about 3.5 hours to upgrade everything.

i will get the su level. the software is 2.01.27.
the switch should also have the PEPS checked?

i have one question what are you trying to save out of the
old release ?because it can be done alot faster with less
down time.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

that could be true. this is a quote that was sent to me. the customer is a AIR BASE that i have never been to. I am sugesting that I go down and get what excatly they have

I've performed several upgrades from 2.02 to either release 4 or 5 and they go faster when using a backup/restore over network. If you use a tape, count on longer downtime.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Given you are increasing the number of ports, and the i201 is no longer sold, before upgrading I would really look at just going ahead and installing a new platform, the 600r or the 1005r. Also, I just saw a bulletin that there is a new 202i platform that was just released. You would then do a platform migration, either with tape, or as I did mine, over the Ethernet connection.

Last year I upgraded two systems from 2.01, a 200i (a platform that is EOL) and a 201i. I don't know the monetary details but for the disk redundancy we went ahead and put in the 1005r. After having some issues with the first migration causing it to extend out to 4 hours, the second was done in over an hour, along with increasing to 24 channels.

You might check with your vendor to see if there are any Nortel marketing deals that would help you out.

No specific Patch on the switch should be installed.
The only thing that you can do is launch a day before the upgrade the Upgrade Wizard for the release 5 that control the database and check and correct error and you can do the backup with call pilot running so you can do the down time minimal.
you also need to upgrade the bios version that erase the HD of the 201r.
so you have to keep attention to the full system backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back