Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading Call Manager 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ancef

MIS
Jan 16, 2008
US
Hey guys,
I currently have Call Manager 4.1 on a 2000 server. I want to upgrade to 4.3 and to windows 2003 server. Problem is Id rather use a w2k3 license we already have for the upgrade. When I test this scenario on a 2k3sp2 hyperV box and try to install the 2003.1(3b)_SR4 update it complains that "This upgrade can not be run on this server. The minimum OS Version that supports this Upgrade is 2003.1.1. Please blah blah blah"

Now I exported from the 2000 box the various reg settings and imported them over changing only the OS image and Service release keys. Im thinking the format might be wrong or there are additional keys on a W2k3 box that I need. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
TIA,
Stu

You need to use Cisco's version of Win2003 server. They do some special tweaks to allow CallManager to work correctly that aren't in the Windows version. You can't do the SR4 update because it looks to see what Cisco version of Win2003 is on the box before it installs. When it finds the MS version it, stops.

So its not as simple as tweaking the reg hacks used for 2000 so that they would work w 2k3? Do you know what else the upgrades look for besides reg settings?

For reference this is the modded hack I tried:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Spirian\System Info\OS Image]
"Version"="2003.1.1"

TIA,
Stue

I don't think I've seen any hacks for Win2003. Search this forum. Most people are jumping over CCM 4.3 and going to 6.1. It's relatively easy and you gain some good features. CCM 4.3 is just CCM 4.2 on Win2003.

Thanks for the info! Ill have to look into 6.1. Im pretty much a newb when it comes to CCM. We were supposed to have an outside company manage this stuff for us but that fell through.
If 6.1 can run on 2003 and its a relatively painless and straight forward upgrade from 4.1 than I think thats what ill shoot for.
Time to hit the KBs,
Thanks again,
Stu

Version 6.1 is a Linux version, not Win2003. It's not exactly painless but it isn't too difficult of an upgrade. Biggest thing is hardware requirements. Check it out on CCO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back