Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading an IP500 in Server Ed. 9.0.5 to 9.0.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

firespyer

MIS
Oct 7, 2010
US
Hello all,
Person I am working with has a Server Ed. with the Primary in Miami, and an ip500 in Lisbon with a VPN between the two sites. I need to upgrade them both but I am afraid that the VPN is going to crap out on me if I try the upgrade through the Solution Management webpage. Is there any other way of upgrading this?

Thank you,
Sean

The alternative is upgrading them with a DVD and an iso.

Been there, done that

you burn the iso to the dvd and load the iso to the server edition.
Upgrade the server edition first: about 20 minutes.
Then upgrade the expansion control units: about forty minutes. It reboots control unit after sd card file transfer. Different from normal control unit upgrade.
They will get the files needed from the server edition iso.
Its all in the server edition deployment guide Upgrading section.

"To upgrade IP Office Server Edition systems you can download the ISO file from a remote server, DVD, USB, primary server path, and a client machine to the primary server. The system creates the repository data required for upgrade on Server Edition Primary server. The system uses the repository data on Server Edition Primary server, to upgrade all the components of IP Office Server Edition Solution."

@CarGoSky
That's the usual way and I think you can give it a go if not during business hours. But the OP seems not to trust the VPN...

You can also upgrade IP500 expansions with Manager. Local if you want...

@derfloh
I had tried the upgrade through manager one other time and it wouldn't let me do it.
You are correct, I don't trust the VPN and rather not brick the control unit, if it tanks on me in the middle of the transfer.

-Sean

I did it many times from manager. Make sure that the upgrade is the first action you make after opening manager. If you connect to SE it will switch into SE mode and you will not be able to do it.

Another thought... Do you use the full manager or just only manager lite? Manager lite is not able to upgrade but only to configure systems...

Full Manager, thank you I had probably connected to the SE prior to trying the upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back