Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading a S8300 LSP... Downtime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redphone

Programmer
Jan 14, 2003
US
I am upgrading a S8500 and a S8300 LSP from R2.1 to R2.2. I would like to upgrade them both on the same trip, and do not want to be there for too long after 5pm. :)

The question I have is, when I schedule the upgrade on the S8300 LSP, will it disrupt their service?

I am hoping on starting the LSP upgrade at 3pm and then the S8500 not long after 5pm.

Thoughts?

redphone,

if the lsp is not in active state then upgrading it should not disript service. downtime for upgrade should be about 10 minutes. upgrading s8500 takes the same time and should be done after upgrading the lsp. this would be service interruptive for s8500 users but not for remote s8300 users if all goes well.

8500 two and a half hours to upgrade software and media modules.
Could be more if you have more than one server.

8300 ditto.

Service affecting is only when you are upgrading the MGP.

Ten minutes? Wow what upgrade are you doing?

It takes twenty minutes just for the upgrade to load then reboot. Then you need to update all modules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back