Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading 4.1 SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Apr 7, 2011
SE
Symptom
When using the software installer to upgrade a 4.1 sp2 load the upgrades stuck on "unable to retrieve the specific file"
Checking ftpserver logs and _swrev is the problem !
Using filezilla server.

Looking around i find in troubleshooting 4.x pdf it refers to Mitel Knowledge Base article. 07-4409-00026
Cant find it in mol.

Anyone got a solution, or have the pdf ?
Putty manual install, or ftp to controller, patching ?

A manual install may work. I can't find that KB article anywhere on Mitel On-Line, you might have to open a tech support ticket to get the info from it. That exact same article is still referenced in the current release troubleshooting guide, but the article itself is nowhere to be found.

This is what the article is referring to. It cannot see the Mitel SW

MCD Software Installer tool
displays "Unabl
e to retrieve
specified file" error when
executing step 1 of the tool.
The MCD Software Installer
tool looks for a file entitled
_swrevs in the FTP Server's
default local path folder. The
tool will not proceed to step 2
without this file being present

Yep, we know that part. The problem is the troubleshooting documentation is pointing to a KB article that doesn't seem to exist for the way to solve the problem.

Firewall on ftp pc? do you see the controller logging into the ftp (FileZilla Server Interface)?

Assuming Filezilla is set up correctly

Have you tried using command prompt FTP login to your PC from your PC?
Virus checkers can cause issues
Windows Firewalls can cause issues

The one I make most often is that I accidentally put the controllers address as the FTP source in the installers tool instead of my PC (too often in fact)

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back