Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading 3.2.57 to 4.X Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankbrost

Technical User
Jul 25, 2008
US
We are going to attempt a jump to 4.X from 3.2.57. Anything I should look out for? Anyone have any good documentation on this upgrade?

Thanks,

Frank

Read tech bulletin 80 !!!
Very important

The tech bulletin 80 is for 4.0 but it is still very important

Digital and ipphones need to update

If you use LCR then it will be ARS, secondiary dailtone shortcode are not needed anymore

All this is discribed in techbully 80 :)

The only BUT is what system do you have ?

A 403, 406v1 and 406v2 PCS7 and lower will not be possible !!!

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Doc's about IP can find on:

On IP office installation manual can find hardware support for new software relase. All about cards, phones, licences ....

Manual is in *.pdf [v4.0 cca 5 mb, v4.1 7 mb ...]
If you need help please submit you hardware information

Thanks for the replies.. We have a 406V2 PCS09. We do not use LCR so that should not be an issue. Thanks for the documents. I have went through other upgrades with IPO and had to go through all the hoops and was hoping this upgrade I could go straight to the new version. Any problems with the newest release.

Thanks again..

No problems, only one problem with sip but that is not on all sip trunks and the problem is not in 4.2 wich will come soon

I can find the installation manual but am really looking for an upgrade guide if possible

Thanks

If you have digital modules you will need to upgrade them to 3.2.999 first. only the V2 mods.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

We have a digital and an analog module. So we need to upgrade everything to 3.2.999 first then can take the leap?

Thanks for all the help..

Get an experienced guy to do it for you and then you can blame him if it doesn't work.

Failing that, only the digital module needs to go via 3.2(999) and that is only if it is a v2 module (lights in the middle of unit not on each port is the giveaway)

Also, make sure you upgrade all apps when you do this. PM, VM Pro, Delta Server Etc.....

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

If you donwload the software you can also download the tech bulletin that is for that version

Search for tech bulletin 80 too !

Read it all !!!!

Or get someone who knows what he is doing
If you screw up then you will not get it working within a couple of hours !

If a certified tech screws it is back working before your coffee is cold :)

I have done these upgrades in the past so I have a good idea of the process. Have had to recover from the infamos Chrismas Lights also. I just know my friend the IPO always has to have something go wrong with any upgrade.

Thanks for all the replies..

If your friend the ipo has problems with upgrading you are doing something wrong :)

If you follow the tech bulleting it will go alright always !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back