Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgraded to 3.1.48 - problems with incoming faxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ned7077

MIS
May 24, 2004
Recently upgraded a 406v1 to 3.1.48 from 3.1.29 and now incoming fax calls over our PRI are being diconnected at random. We are using regular analog fax machines. Called our PRI provider and they said that the PBX was telling the inbound call to disconnect and it wasn't their problem. It seems outbound faxes are OK and voice works fine in both directions. I am going to flash back to 3.1.29 for the immediate fix I hope. Any ideas or has anyone else run across similar issues?

Thanks.

I have a similiar issue. I have inbound calls randomly dropping, about 1 an hour on a not heavily used IPO 3.1.48. (And my dialplan is good. It is not trying to access another line outside the PRI.)The provider says there are errors coming from the D-Channel on my end. They have run their tests and still no resolution. The PRI is one of the simplest things to set up, but obviously we can't do anything with the D-channel to tweak it. It is just there. Any similiar issues or resolutions out there?

We have many 3.1(48) w/ PRI installed - no problems to date.

When upgrading, did you 1st upgrade to 3.0(999), then 3.1(48) as per documents? Just wondering. cpF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back