Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

upgraded Presario 5635 from win 98 to win 2k now IEE 1394 won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampy2000

Technical User
Jan 29, 2004
US
I have gone through uninstalling the driver then re-boot windows recognizes the port then asks for a driver. Windows cannot find the correct driver and all the listed drivers windows supplies are not compatable. I emailed compaq they insist there is no need for a driver....well tell windows that. The IEE1394 emulates from the mother board. Compaq tech support has been less that helpful. This port worked perfectly in the previous Win 98 SE operating system. All this started since I did a win 2k update over the win 98 se.Any body know a driver that will work please advise...Joe

Ok well I suggest never to do an upgrade, the best thing is to do a clean install.
I would uninstall the card in device manager and remove it.
Reeboot and then shutdown and re-install the card.
See if you can make out the manufacture of the card.

Zaheer Ahmed Iqbal
I.T Systems Support Engineer
Bsc. (Hons).

Please understand the IEE 1394 on this machine is all on the mother board not a seperate card...Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back