Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade voicemail via PCcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheddysaur

Technical User
Jun 2, 2006
US
I am a phone system noob - elected by default to administer our office Partner ACS.

We need to upgrade our ParnerMail VS 4.1 beyond the default 10 mailboxes. I purchased a 4 port x 40 mailbox upgrade card, and some hints on using it. I backed up our current config, and I am ready to attempt install of the upgrade.

Our setup is as follows:
5 slot carrier
Partner ACS in middle slot (extensions 10 - 17)
308ec module in far left slot (extensions 18 - 25)
Voicemail module in slot to left of ACS

Here's where I am confused. Our current setup has Hunt Group 7 configured to include extensions 30 & 31. It doesn't jive with the manual or with anything I read on here... If I am to program 28 & 29 into HG 7, as the manual says, do I have to do anything prior to installing the card? I can ring those extensions from a handset - they aren't in use, but you eventually get transferred to the receptionist.

anyone?

As long as the physical positions of the modules remains the same, all you would have to do is add ports 28 & 29 to hunt group 7.

After adding the new extensions, you can test each one by pressing the left Intercom button and then 28 to see if the auto attendant picks up. Repeat for extension 29. [smile]

The hunt group 7 ext's would be 30 & 31. That is correct. The ACS is through ext 17 and the 308 adds 8 to make it ext 25 and you add 6 ext's for the VM module so that would be 31. Power down the system and slide your upgrade card in and assign mailboxes as needed.

Ok, I installed the card as instructed, but once the system restarts, I don't get VM when I intercom 28 & 29. Also, incoming calls will appear to ring on 2 lines (two lines light up).

Dexman is probably correct, double check your extensions in group 7.
By the way, what release ACS? (1,2,3,4,5,6,7)

Power down the system, remove the 4 port 40 expansion card, power it back up and see if the problem goes away.

It vary well may be that the card is bad. That's the risk you take, these things are not new.

-Hal

Hal makes a good point. The Partner Mail VS line has been out of production for several years now and there was another release of the Partner Mail VS after the 4.1 (R5).

If the funds are available, upgrading to the Avaya Partner Messaging platform would give you more storage capacity, more mailboxes and more features than the Patner Mail VS offers. [thumbsup2]

Cheddysaur said that the Partner ACS module has extensions 10-17. That would make it, at the most, an R6. [ponder]

Partner ACS R2.

I removed the 4x40 card and the problems resolve once I restore the system settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back