Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade Unity to 5 or 7? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

prizm76

Technical User
Jul 18, 2006
US
We're currently looking to upgrade our Unity version from 4.0(5) so we can upgrade exchange to 2007. Would it just be better to go all the way to 7 or should we just go to 5?

From all the upgrade documentation I've seen I can't see why we wouldn't just go to 7 but I figured it may be beneficial to ask the community to see what kind of experiences everyone had. We have call manager 4.1.3 and a single Unity server.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Unity is a very mature product so going to 7 should not be an issue. If you are going to upgrade go all the way to 7 and you'll be at the latest version.

Yea, from what I've read 7 is just some additional features.

However, I did find out that clustering for Exchange 07 is not supported yet in Unity 7. It seems like support will be added but I was unable to find a date as to when that will happen.

You saying that unity 5 supports exchange 07 clustering but not unity 7?
I can't imagine that they released a version with less capability that an earlier one. I'll have to research that for sure.

We had our Cisco Systems engineer in the other day and raised this point about Unity 7 not supporting clustered Exchange environments. He said that there would be a "patch" out before Christmas or very early in the new year at the latest. Worth keeping your eyes open for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back