Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade to CM 5.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokolatas

IS-IT--Management
Nov 19, 2007
GR
Hi.

i just need some info on how to upgrade my customers to the new CM.

I have the .iso image of the CM and i know which if mine customers have a valid SSU.

What i should next? Do i need to download for each customer of mine a new valid RFA License? what about the upgrade process?...Is it possible to install the CM 5.2 on top of the CM 5.X without formatting first the old OS (some kind of upgrade inside the web maintenance)?

Any info would be appreciate.

Thanks

So today I someone in the remote office plug a crossover cable into the services port and the other end into a 2nd NIC on the domain controller in that office. Configured the NIC as 192.11.13.5, TFTP worked fine.

In one of our other locations, I tried the same thing as I did over the weekend. Used Solarwinds TFTP server and saw that it couldn't find versions.txt, even though I am using magicdisc to mount the ISO, file structure is correct. When I point to a folder with the ISO unzipped, same file structure and move versions.txt to the root, it gets past that error then errors out that it can't find manifest.dat. Move that file to the root also, gets past it and can't find another file. Obviously at this point I gave up.

I'll be doing the same for our other locations with a crossover ot spare NIC on our domain controllers.

What could I have missed?

Jim

No idea Jim, but when I do it, and use the AVAYA/Walusoft TFTP server that comes on the CD, it work just fine. You need to go into the TFTP Options and allow it to traverse directories. I have never had a problem with it.

Using the Service Port has the advantage of no ethernet network to cause you any issues, and is in general faster as well.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back