Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade to AACC 6.2 -CCMT tool doesn't generate .bkp files

Status
Not open for further replies.

APDS

Technical User
Mar 19, 2012
SA
Hello,
I am in the middle of upgrading SCCS 5.0 (Windows 2003) to AACC 6.2( new server). As there is no direct upgrade path for Nortel symposium 5.0 to Aura contact center , I would use Nortel CC 6.0 (Windows 2003) in middle to reach AACC 6.2 upgrade path
( We had a site where CC 6.0 was running. Recently it was upgraded to AACC 6.2, I am following similar path).
Choosing a recommended path in the documentation,I would have a single server with Nortel CCMS 6.0,LM and server utility .
I installed Nortel CC 6.0 , during installation i opted for upgrading from "5.0 to 6.0" option in set up options.
SCCS 5.0 DB back up was restored to Nortel CC 6.0 at the end.
Then I installed CCMT tool "AvayaAura_CCMT_6.2.102.0-0347_ServicePack.msi" on CC 6.0 .After installation, i launched it ,choose Application type as " CCMS 6.0" and specified a backup location. The export process finished with message "backup finished successfully".
On the AACC "Database maintenance "tool, i defined backup location. (with details of Drive letter, UNC path, user account, password ).
But When I tried to restore to AACC , it fails . I noticed in "CC_DBMaintenance" log file the following message
"back up file O:\CCMS_CONF\DATA\Backup_CCMS_CONF_DATA_CC7.bkp not found".
I rechecked output folder of CCMT tool , however I couldn't find folder structures mentioned as in logfile and any files with bkp file extension.I could only find a single folder with name"update" and lots of text files and fmt files in the CCMT tool output.
Any suggestions?

Did you install the latest SU08 and SUS on the CC 6.0 before using the CC Migration Tool? I think this is a prereq for CCMT.

Are you sure you are using Migration not Restore option in Database maintenance tool?

@Skaret,
I didn't have SU08. I managed to get it yesterday. But I think it is not pre requisite for CCMT. Our team done it with SU07 at one site.
@smiena, You were right, but i dont know why it happened . The migration option on the database maintenance tool doesn't appear always. At times migration option doesn't come.
I tried the Nortel CCMT tool for cc7. I used it to migrate the SCCS data to CC7. Then from CC7 to AACC , a backup restore. The restore finished successfully. Later when i checked the data through CCMA, it seems that only the user names are present, not even their details like login ID etc. No configuration data is available in AACC :(

I installed a CC6.0 cores CCMS(SU08),CCMA,LM,SU . After installation, i accessed CCMA. For first time acces, i was requested to configure a CCMS . To do this, i was given a pop up message that I need to agree the EULA which come when server utility is used for first time. After I agreed EULA, CCMA worked and i could login.
Now i have restored a SCCS5.0 db backup to the this CC6.0. After restoration , I logged into CCMA . I could see all the details from the backup db. But when I try to access historical reporting, I am getting a pop up
"cannot run reports on this server,because license agreement can not be verified for this server.Please access server utility to accept license agreement"
When i go back to server utility, I couldn't find this EULA again.

Ignoring this issue, I used the AVAYA ccmt tool to migrate this data to AACCC 6.2 SP4. In AACC , i am able to see the migrated data, but except the reports.When i run report, it doesn't give me any result.

Due to the issue on Nortel CCMA , i am not able to successfully migrate the report data to AACC.

What could be a work around ?

I am getting the same error

This is what I have done:

installed AvayaAura_CCMT_6.1.203.0-0318_ServicePack.msi on the CC6 CCMS.

(should I be using the CCMT from SP4 for AACC 6.2 installation?

during the AACC 6.2 CCMS installation i got the same error....

I'm using the migration option in AACC not the restore.

Barzakh,
Use the Ccmt tool coming with AACC SP4.
Use the migration option in the DB Maintenance tool in AACC.
I have successfully migrated data from SECC 4.2 and SCCS 5.0

Thanks APDS

I tried it again with the same DB and it works. so CCMT from SP3 works too.

Thanks
B.

The reason why it fails, is because those files (generated by the migration tool) are only readable in the "Migration process" and not understandable by AACC until it has extension BKP.

You need to put those files in a folder in the new Windows 2008 server or have a network folder mapped and Migrate that data in the Installation process of the AACC. During the installation wizard, in the section "PRODUCT DATA UPGRADE" you need to check the box "Import existing data to CCMS" and put all information needed in that section such as Backup location, username, password. You cannot install the AACC and then try to Restore that data because AACC does not understand it.

I hope this help.

As per the document AACC6.2_Release_Notes_SP5_RU1_RU2_AND_RU3.pdf ,page 27,
"Install Time migrations for NES CCMS 6.0 Not supported. Install time migrations from NES CCMS 6.0 are not supported in this current release. Any NES CCMS 6.0 database migrations should be done as a post install step and after the Designer Patches are installed"
This document was released on May 24 , 2012 .

here's something new...

Steps I followed:

-Installed AvayaAura_CCMT_6.2.205.0-0474_servicepack.msi on CC6 CCMS
-made the backup using the CCMT tool.
-on the AACC 6.2 CCMS server with latest SP5 and RU1,2 and 3, used the migration tool to migrate the Database
-successfully migrated. logged into CCMA to test everything. everything looks good EXCEPT.....

the partition info for sure users is missing!!

by the way I had no issues using the CCMT tool for backup and migration to restore.

all the above was fixed when I rebuilt the CCMA
here's what I did

1. Installed CCMA and SP5 (1009)
2. then RU1 (1015)
3. RP2 (1115)
4. RP3 (1140)
5. RP3 (1217)
6. RP3 (1130)
7. installed the ntbackup utility for Windows 2008 R2 ( Windows6.1-KB974674)
8. Restored the CCMA 6.0 backup to AACC CCMA
9. Used the CCMA system Upgrade Utility to upgrade the database to AACC.

This time all the partition info is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back