Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade to 5.5 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tausloos

Technical User
Jan 8, 2008
US
Our current version is 4.5, current release is 5.0. Our vendor suggests we wait for the release of 5.5 to upgrade. At that time we will also be upgrading from CP3 series processor to the CPPIV processor. Is anyone else going this route and what are some precautions I need to take?

tausloos...wait until your vendor installs 5.5
on somebody elses system and work all bugs out before
you go to it.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

Good suggestion strmwalker, you don't want to be a Guinea pig if you can't afford to be one.....

FYI 5.5 has been in Beta for a while. There have been VERY few corrections in the past 2 months. One of the cleanest releases I have seen in a while.

The product is expected to go GA within the next 30 days.

911Guru

upgrading from Release 25.40 to 4.5 succession can I keep the same cabinets and cards and what are the pitfalls
Thanks

recovered : You state you are a vendor. You should know this. Don't hijack another thread. Get some training.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

tnphoneman: in his defence, he did start a new thread after posting here and I would also like to know what kind of vendor he is?

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Vendor technician was in the other day who was beta testing 5.5 and was having good luck with it also. Will have to look at $$$ to see if we will go to it this year (upgrade from 4.5) or wait until next, because of the amount of hardware because of cabinets (two 3-cab systems, and looking at combining a third system into one of the others amd making it HA, etc.)

More important right now to get two CP 2.02 systems upgraded...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back