Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade the CM Version on LSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanghairomeo

Vendor
Jan 11, 2007
JP
Hi, brothers

I need to upgrade the CM version from 3.1.2 to 3.1.4, I wonder which steps need to do in whloe process when I upgrade the CM version on a S8500 LSP.

Many thanks

You can find a document on this here:

The basics are:

Insert the CD with the 3.1.4 into the CD-ROM drive.
Access the web interface (Maintenance Web interface)
Select Manage Software
Follow the prompting to upgrade.

The process takes about 20 minutes. It's super easy. The most trouble I had was one server wouldnt reconize the software load on the disk so I had to reboot the server and then things went well.

The process walks you through copying the software version from the disc to the server, then you select the new release and upgrade to that release.

The server reboots as part of the process but it's an LSP so the users wont even notice.

Would this be the same process for 4.1 to 5.x?

Thanks,
CJH

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

I don't know of any reason why the process would be any different.

The documents are availabel on support.avaya.com and they appear to be the same to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back