Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

upgrade Small Office Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill712

Technical User
Oct 27, 2004
US
Is it just me or does everyone get their control units with outdated software? I have yet to install a Small Office Edition and I opened it up and hooked up and found the installed software is 2.0.16. So that pretty much tells me that this unit has been sitting in a warehouse for about what...3 or 4 years? Well anyway the question is do I treat the upgrade to 3.1.56 just as an upgrade or do I need to do the whole 2.0(99) then to a 3.0 version and then to 3.0(99) and then to 3.1.56. I looked around for info on upgrading but looks like its just for the discontinued 403 that needed all the loader upgrades. Just want to make sure about the steps before I jump into it.

Thanks gents, and ladies!

Bill

Avay shipp all IPO units with a base level of software to be upgraded on site
this basicaly means that then havnt bothered to supply the manufacturing plant with the latest versions of software.
(changing this would probably incur costs from the produceres to change the setup)

IPGURU
Yeah that's kinda what I thought, it would increase costs somewhere in the scheme of things. But did you have any thoughts about the upgrade procedure? Can I upgrade straight to 3.1.56 or do I need to do all the "loader" upgrades? I know we had to do all that for the 403 modules wasn't sure about the SOE. Looked at Avaya Support and didn't find anything mentioning the SOE. Just want to check it out first before I just do it!!!

Bill

You can upgrade straight to 3.1.56. I just finished installing a SOE and upgraded from 2.1 to 3.1.56.

I would do the loader 1st.....dosnt take that much longer and that way youl be safe

Avaya used to ship all control units with what was the latest software, except it never was since you typically only have to wait a month or two after GA for a maintenance release.

It wasn't just Avaya's warehouse that was having to constantly unpack units, upgrade the software and repack with new CD's. The distributors were having to do the same and it was a pain.

In parallel with shipping units with a base software level Avaya also stopped putting CDs in the box since most were junked immediately on site as being out of date.

Its a pain to have to upgrade units but until somethign radical happens at Avaya its an IP Office fact of life so the practice is useful since most support calls include 'please upgrade to' in the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back