Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade server farm advice 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyitguy

IS-IT--Management
Jul 20, 2006
US
We would like to upgrade our network that supports our server farm(about 25 servers made). Mostly web and SQL databases.

image.gif

Currently we have 2 2811 routers running BGP. Each is connected to a different ISP; one via T1, the other via FastEthernet 100Mb.

The routers are then connected to an unmanaged switch(100Mb). The unmanaged switch is then connected to a Checkpoint firewall.

The firewall is then connected to a second unmanaged switch. The servers are connected to this switch.

As you can see there is no redundency besides the edge routers.

Most importantly we would like to add redundency, increase the speeds, use vlans to seperate the servers.

The 6500 route is a little to expensive. We were thinking a pair of 3760 switches that will connect directly to the firewalls. Something like this:

after.gif

Advice? Suggestions?

Thanks

Both Firewalls are on the same LAN, so if there is no route to the border router, it will converge on the other firewall, Dynamic Routing.

I think that solves the problem....

Thanks for all your help.

Hi All,
I have read this forum entry and it has helped me overcome major decisions, but my questions are:

1) I need to know the capacity of the 2811 router, can it handle 1.5million hits per day on a Web server?

2) my client told me that Cisco recommended a 5520 ASA for the edge and a Catalyst 3750.

What do you advice?

Thank you

sorry I forgot to mention that the 2800s I found on cisco site are ISRs are the similar to the one you are using (crazyitguy)??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back