Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade Sequence 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbwall63

IS-IT--Management
May 30, 2004
US
I am current running 2.1(27) firmware on an IPO 403 along with VMPro 2.1(5).

Can I upgrade VMPro to 3.x prior to upgrading the firmware on the switch?

Yes you can. When you upgrade VMPro export your call flows first because you will have to completely uninstall VMPro. Once you install the new version you can just import the call flows instead of having to rebuild everything.

The voice mail portion is correct export and import call flow then make live. There is one issue with upgrading the 403, like from 1.X to 2.0, going from 2.27 to I would reccoment 3.0.69 Nov release not 3.1 just yet you need to flash the memory to 2.99 first. This is only on the 403 because the flash memory has less capicity than the 406 and 412. So when you download the admin software, uninstall the 2.27 admin software first (obviously back up the config) then open the manager folder and you will see a 2.99 folder copy the bin file and paste it into the manager folder overwriting the 3.0.69 bin file, goto the upgrade wizzard and select the 403 only, upgrade the switch, this is not a full software build so you will need to then go back to the manager folder and open the folder 3.0 copy the bin and paste it into the manager folder overwriting the 2.99 bin and upgrade the switch and all modules. The best way to upgrade IPO is to uninstall the previous version of software and install the new version in my experiences.

Good Luck

Since that VMPro upgrade rarely fails if ever and the firmware on the IPO must match the version used for VMPro I always do the Admin software first. Next the firmware upgrade on the IPO. If the upgrade goes o.k. then I upgrade the VMPro last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back