Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade R11 to R12 License

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinDT

Systems Engineer
Jun 29, 2024
GB
Hi,

Does anyone know how / what is required to upgrade the R11 licenses to R12?
I've been struggling to upgrade, and support have been pretty much useless, and can't seem to say why we can't or who to contact, so far, support / PLDS support / sales, have all tried but just pass to to each other, so I've no idea what we need.
I thought I would do it in PLDS, select upgrade, as we have a valid upgrade license, so i think.
1_ilrp8m.png

But we can't complete as it says " The system could not detect any applicable LACs with paid upgrade entitlements. To purchase this upgrade entitlement, select Request Paid Upgrade Entitlement in the Proof of Upgrade Option drop-down above, or contact your authorized Avaya Representative"

I presume this is a valid upgrade license, that enables us to get the upgrade? Support won't tell us if this is valid or if we need anything else.
2_eedqjy.png

Does anyone have any ideas, or have any contacts in Avaya who might actually be of help?

Thanks

Product definition states you need licenses to upgrade, it means you should have subscribed a IPOSS or you have to buy those licenses

Who do we need to order it though? A reseller? Avaya sales, who didn't know anything about R12? PLDS that didn't work?

I presume since we pay for support / maintance, which is called pre paid upgrade entitlement for IP Office, we are entitled to it FOC, as per the screen shot.
So we should have the required licenses to upgrade? It's fine saying you need a license, but we have them / a valid support entitlement. If we need something extra, let us know.

Sadly support, were unable to tell us who to contact, so were left in limbo at the moment.

I feel your pain, I put the licence question to our BP in the middle of May, still waiting.

We are a BP and got ours through our Distributor, we have IPOSS so no cost involved.

You will need a copy of your config and upgrade XML to order it.

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it.
If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH'.
The paint wouldn't even have time to dry.”

Terry Pratchet

Sadly we are still struggling. The worst part is we have the upgrade license, i can see it in PLDS, it just does not work!

Avaya Support - Can't help, told to speak with IT,
Avaya IT Support - Can't help, suggested we speak with Sales.
Avaya Sales - Can't help, not aware of R12 licenses, passed back to Support
Avaya IT Support Escalation - Told to try a reseller.
Avaya Reseller - Struggling to find out why we can't upgrade the license, they have tried Avaya support too!

Guess we just wait a little longer......

For R12 license issues the starting point would be to upgrade to Build 56. Avaya messed up licensing with the original R12 build 55.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back