Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigBuck

Technical User
Sep 9, 2005
US
I've got a small Altigen with a QtmAM0408U and TritonPRI. I need more outgoing lines so I need another 4x8 card. Do I need an identical card to the Quantum card I have? Or are there other models that will work as well?

You can use an 008 Triton or 12 Port triton card as well. There's also an 804 quantum available.

Thanks, Chiacomo. But now it looks as if the current QtmAM0408U will be sufficient. If we are switching from PRI to analog lines, what do we have to do to make the switch with the least amount of effort and expertise?

How many numbers are you moving from the PRI to analog lines, and what is your exact system config? (Which cards, besides the Triton T1 and the Quantum card do you have?)

-N.

I have no other cards of note and I am only moving 3 numbers. What other configuration info do you need?

Then you'll need to talk to your service provide (Bell or whoever) and have them migrate your numbers to an analog (copper) line. It will probably cost you.

Why are you switching back to analog, or perhaps, a better question is why, if you only have 3 numbers, you ever chose PRI?

We're downsizing from 12 numbers to 3. I've already got my carrier working on moving to copper. What I need to know is:

1) How do I rewire the lines to the Altigen.

2) What do I have to reconfigure in the Altigen hardware/software?

Is your current quantum board connected to one of the standard "Harmonicas" that altigen sends with their cards?

I don't know. Is there something distinctive-looking about the harmonica that I can look for?

It will be less than 12" long and have 12 phone jacks built into it -- a cable will connect this "harmonica" to your AltiGen.

It's possible it is connected in some other way, as well.

Each of your analog phones should be connected to that harmonica... The first 4 (or last 4, I can't remember and will check later) are the analog trunk ports. When your provider switches your numbers to analog trunks, simply connect those trunks to the ports on the harmonica... You'll then need to choose to where those ports ring.

If you'd like, I'll try to provide step-by-step instructions for that.

Which version of AltiServ are you using (4.0, 4.5, 4.6, 5.0)?

You're my hero! I'm using Altiware 4.6 SP1A Patch 4.

The 4 trunk ports are the first four listed on the quantum card. They will be numbred XX:00 through XX:03 -- where XX is the card number. It's probably 00:00 through 00:03.

You can bring up the trunk configuration by either:
a) Double clicking the trunk from within the "Trunk View" window
b) Going to the management window at the top of the screen and selecting "Trunk Management"

You'll want to select the "In Call Routing" tab and then change the place where the trunks ring for each of the 3 options (Workdays During Business Hours, Workdays Outside Business Hours, and Non Workdays). For each of the options, you can choose an extension/workgroup, auto-attendant, or operator.

I'm basing these directions off a 5.0A Update 3 switch, but it should be fairly similar.

Let me know if I can provide more information or if I can clarify something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back